There are many ways you can get more involved in university life and in events and activities in the City of Saskatoon. Here are some ideas where to start.
Become an ISSAC Volunteer
You can be a central part of one of the most exciting and important times in the lives of new international students at the U of S by becoming an ISSAC volunteer. Through volunteering with ISSAC, you can develop friendships with people from all over the world and gain invaluable experience working in a cross-cultural setting. Being an ISSAC volunteer is a great opportunity to share your knowledge and experience as a senior student at the U of S and living in Saskatoon.
ISSAC volunteers are required to have completed at least one term of studies at the U of S.
Benefits of being an ISSAC volunteer:
- learn about new cultures
- enhance your leadership skills
- develop your cross-cultural knowledge and communication skills
- enhance your resume!
ISSAC volunteers are involved in:
- communicating with new international students before they arrive in Saskatoon
- creating a welcoming environment for new international students
- bringing new international student together and create opportunities for them to make friends
- being an active team member
- participating in ISSAC events and activities
- volunteering at our International Welcome
- being friendly and having fun!
If you are interested in volunteering with ISSAC contact Gingi Sheppard at firstname.lastname@example.org