Jobs and Careers
The Student Employment & Career Centre (SECC) is an excellent resource for students and alumni wanting to connect to that great job or get a jump-start on their career. Visit the SECC in Lower Marquis Hall.
- Discover who I am
- Learn about your personality, interests, values, skills, and abilities; start to define your career goals; and begin to shortlist your options
- Explore my options
- Learn how to conduct occupational research, options for studying and working, and trends in the world of work
- Choose my direction
- Learn how to evaluate your options, make a decision, and take action
- Achieve my goals
- Learn how to define and reach your goals through goal setting exercises, work and volunteer opportunities, extracurricular involvement, networking, and professional development activities.
- Join the workforce
- Learn how to write a resume, develop your interview skills, network like a pro, and find the hidden (and not-so-hidden) job market
- Continue to develop
- Learn about re-careering, relocating, leaving a job, losing a job, and professional development
- Home page
- Go to the Plan My Career home page
- Search job postings
- Receive postings by email
- RSVP to an Employer Information Session
- Get Advice
- Take a Career Assessment
- Attend a Career Fair
- Attend an Industry Talk
Resumes and Cover Letters
Upcoming at the SECC
Free 45-minute appointments to speak one-on-one with a professional career counsellor.
Companies talk about their organizations and employment opportunities. Sign up to attend!
Hone your interview skills by participating in a mock process with a student staff. Sessions are one hour long and booked in advance.
Got questions about your resume or cover letter? Drop in to meet informally with staff from the SECC!
10:00 AM at the SECC
1:00 PM at the SECC
10:30 AM at the SECC
2:30 PM at the SECC