- Plan your career
- Discover who I am
- Learn about your personality, interests, values, skills, and abilities; start to define your career goals; and begin to shortlist your options
- Explore my options
- Learn how to conduct occupational research, options for studying and working, and trends in the world of work
- Choose my direction
- Learn how to evaluate your options, make a decision, and take action
- Achieve my goals
- Learn how to define and reach your goals through goal setting exercises, work and volunteer opportunities, extracurricular involvement, networking, and professional development activities.
- Join the workforce
- Learn how to write a resume, develop your interview skills, network like a pro, and find the hidden (and not-so-hidden) job market
- Continue to develop
- Learn about re-careering, relocating, leaving a job, losing a job, and professional development
- Home page
- Go to the Plan My Career home page
Explore my options
Exploring and understanding your options is an essential part of informed career development. If you have worked through Discover Who I Am and short-listed some career areas for further exploration, you are well under way! If you are just jumping in, take some time and browse through the provided websites and resources.
Not sure where to begin? Our Occupational Research Guide gives great advice on what to research, networking basics, how to conduct informational meetings, and how to find job shadowing and volunteer opportunities.
Schools and Programs
Want to stay in your own backyard? Try an exchange program? or Perhaps take on online class?
- University of Saskatchewan Programs
- Study Abroad
- Campus Saskatchewan
- School Finder
- Canadian Virtual University
- Saskatchewan Post-Secondary Distance Education Directory
Majors and Areas of study
What can I do with a degree in…?
- University of Saskatchewan Programs A-Z
- Alberta Learning Information System Field of Study
- Academic Invest Career Options tool
- Monster Career Converter
Understanding the World of Work
Learn how occupations are grouped, what employers are looking for, and the outlook for emerging sectors and fields.
Occupations and Industries
Explore detailed occupational profiles and industry outlooks.
- Alberta Learning Information System
- Road Trip Nation
- Sector and Discipline Specific Sites
- Working in Canada
Entrepreneurship and Self-Employment
Explore the world of entrepreneurship and learn how to start your own business.
- BDC Self-assessment QuestionnaireCanada Business Service Centre
- Canadian Association of Business Incubators
- Canadian Youth Business Foundation
- Entrepreneurship Minor in Arts & Sciences
- Ideas Inc. - Saskatoon Business Incubator
- Saskatchewan Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs
- Women Entrepreneurs of Saskatchewan
These websites provide additional information to assist specific groups students and alumni in their career exploration.
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Canadian Forces Aboriginal Entry Program
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
- INROADS Canada
- Keewatin Career Development Corporation
- Spirit of Aboriginal Youth Magazine
- U of S Services for Aboriginal Students
- Abilities Canada
- Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work
- Saskatchewan Abilities Council
- Saskatchewan Office of Disability Issues
- Saskatchewan Voice for People with Disabilities
- Saskatchewan Workers’ Compensation Board
- U of S Services for Students with Disabilities
- Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials
- Canadian Immigrant
- Centre for Foreign Trained Professionals & Tradespeople
- Citizenship & Immigration Canada
- Global Gathering Place
- International Women Saskatoon
- Saskatchewan Intercultural Association Inc.
- Saskatoon Open Door Society
- Working in Canada
- U of S Services for International Students