Programs and Services
The centre prides itself on creating an inclusive community that supports students by providing a variety of programs and services throughout the Regular Session.
- Support for Métis, First Nations and Inuit students through orientation programing and monthly events to help keep students connected to advisors and support services.
- Research and writing workshops, as well as English, Math/Stats and Chemistry tutoring throughout the week. English is in partnership with the Student Learning Services.
- Social events such as Soup and Bannock, which are hosted every Wednesday in partnership with a university college or student service.
- Annual Social Event "Old Time Métis Dinner and Dance".
- Presentations and workshops to help students gain the knowledge, skills, and experiences necessary to stay healthy, strong, and inspired throughout their studies.
- Parent Circle which is offered once a month,
- Health and Wellness program that include: Fitness 4U, therapy dogs and paint night.
- Cultural programing includes Elders Services, who visit the centre during Soup and Bannock on Wednesdays from 11:30am - 1:30pm, Mondays for Smudge and Share at 9:30 am and Mass on certain Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11:30 am (watch for updates in the ASC weekly newsletter and Facebook for that information).
- Knowledge Keeper presentations.
- Ceremonies such as Pipe Ceremonies and Sweats are held during the school term and for special events like Pride Centre’s Queerapalooza.
- The centre also celebrates student success through Indigenous Achievement Week, Graduation Powwow, and National Aboriginal Day.
Support Services Advising and Referrals
The ASC works in partnership with colleges and services across campus to support Aboriginal students. The center provides student support advising and referrals when necessary. If you require assistance, please contact Lori Delorme, Student Services Coordinator for assistance.