CLIC is a Canada-wide study abroad initiative that provides innovative and heavily subsidized learning opportunities for Canadian students in China.
U of S students can participate in CLIC through Student Exchange at certain Chinese partner institutions or by taking part in one of the pre-approved summer courses offered through other Canadian CLIC member institutions.
Eligible U of S students will receive:
- A travel scholarship from the University of Saskatchewan
- A montly stipend from the China Scholarship Council
- Free accommodation
- Free medical insurance
CLIC is available to Canadian citizens who are full-time students at the University of Saskatchewan or at one of the other CLIC member universities in Canada. Students who are already receiving funding from the Chinese Scholarship Council are not eligible for CLIC support.
Where can I go?
U of S students can apply to three Chinese institutions through CLIC. These are:
- Beijing Normal University (BNU)
- classes offered for example in languages, cultural studies, geography, fine arts, history and chemistry
- Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT)
- classes offered for example in physics, computer science and economics
- Peking University
- classes offered particularly in economics
Harbin intensive language program from July 2-27, 2018 in Harbin
Chinese Archeology, dates TBD, in Jinan
Doing Business in China from July 2-27, 2018 in Tianjin
China's Economic Development from July 2-27, 2018 in Tianjin
Entrepreneurship in China from June 14-July 12, 2018 in Hangzhou
International Development: Education from June 17-July 17, 2018 in Shanghai
Click HERE for more information about all CLIC summer programs for 2018.
- Apply to the U of S Student Exchange Program through the International Student and Study Abroad Centre and follow the U of S application process and deadlines.
- Apply to the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) for funding before March 6, 2018 (for exchanges that begin in term 1) or by October 10, 2018 (for exchanges that begin in term 2).
- Once you have been formally approved to one of the above CLIC institutions, you will be able to formalize your CLIC funding application. Students who don't get selected to go to one of the CLIC institutions must cancel their CLIC funding application.
- Apply for a Chinese visa.
- Clicke HERE to apply. Submit your online application to ISSAC by February 1, 2018.
- Apply to the Chinese Scholarship Council for funding before March 6, 2018.
- Apply to your host university.
- Apply for a Chinese visa.
You will need to provide the following documentation with your CLIC funding application:
- Passport photo
- Confirmation of Enrolment (available through PAWS)
- Official transcript
- Study plan
- One recommendation letter from the U of S (provided by ISSAC)
- Physical examination record if your stay is longer than 6 months
Drop by the International Student and Study Abroad Centre and speak to one of our International Education officers about our great selection of study-abroad opportunities. Staff at the centre can also talk to you about available funding.
Tuesday 1-4 pm
Wednesday 9 am-noon
Thursday 1-4 pm
No appointment required.