You can take a variety of classes abroad to fulfill your own unique degree requirements. You are eligible to apply if you:
- have completed or are in the process of completing 60 credit units at the time of application*
- have a 70% average or higher**
- are registered as a full-time student prior to and throughout the duration of your exchange program
- have personal aptitude
- have available finances or qualify for some of our many scholarships and travel bursaries
*Arts and Science students can apply after completing 30 credit units.
** Arts and Science students must have a minimum of 65% average or higher.
Choose from over 136 institutions in 40 countries around the world!
- Pay U of S tuition*
- Undergraduate students pay student fees only to partner institution
- Graduate students pay U of S on campus student fees due to the requirement to maintain continuous registration as well as student fees to partner institution
- Accommodation, flights, insurance, food, miscellaneous
*Regardless of how many courses or credits you plan to transfer back to the U of S, you will be charged:
- Undergraduate - 15 credit units per semester
- Graduate - 9 credit units per semester
Travel scholarships and funding
Many scholarships and travel bursaries are available through the U of S and external institutions.
Click HERE for more information about fully-funded exchange opportunities offered through the Canadian Learning Initiative in China (CLIC).
The exchange program is a great way for U of S students to study at a university in another country while still working on requirements for their degree program.
View a list of previously granted transfer credit. Please note that the list provided is not exhaustive; you may be able to take courses not included in the list and transfer them back to your U of S degree.