What is it for?
Your Student ID card is used to:
If you need to prove that you're a student to another person or organization (like a bank to get a student account), you can print a Confirmation of Enrolment from PAWS. It will show that you are registered in classes as a full or part time student.
How to get it
As a registered student, your first card is free. Additional replacement cards/lost cards will be issued at a cost of $20. If the information on the ID card is worn or if the card is cracked, the fee will be waived.
Online orders for new campus ID cards can take up to a week to complete and will be available to pick up at the Shop USask Bookstore at the Saskatoon campus.
What you need to order your ID card online:
- Be registered for in-person classes a minimum of two days prior to requesting a student ID card.
- The photo must be a close-up of your head and shoulders shot on a plain light background with a direct view of your face so that your face covers approximately 65% to 75% of the photo. See a sample on the right.
- The photo must be in a .jpg file format
- photos can be up to 5MB
- must be larger than 512x512 pixels
- must be larger than 100KB
- We also ask that headwear be removed unless it is worn for medical or religious reasons
You'll need to present a government-issued photo ID when you pick up your card.
If you attend an off-campus site, you can arrange for a card through your local USask advisor. You'll be able to order your card online and pick it up at your campus.