This course is full; however, there are still some spots in the June course.
If you’ve taken a physical first aid course; you’ve learned the skills needed to help someone experiencing a sudden illness or injury. People can also have a mental health crisis, and it is important that more Canadians know how to provide help in these situations too.
Training offered over four Tuesday afternoons: April 10, 17, 24, May 1
Times (each day): 1-4 pm
Cost for class: $35 total (includes manual and handouts).
Cost subsidized by the University of Saskatchewan.
What you can expect from this course:
- A certificate! You must attend all sessions to obtain the Mental Health First Aide certificate.
- Gain the confidence and skills to engage someone with an emerging mental health problem or in a mental health crisis
- Greater recognition of mental health problems
- Decreased stigma
- Improved mental health for yourself
Facilitated by Ashley Breland, U of S Student Affairs and Outreach Intake Counsellor
Can't make it?
There will be another Mental Health First Aid course May 29 - Wed, May 30
- 01:00 PM - 04:00 PM
- Place Riel Student Centre
Student Affairs and Outreach