The SECC is pleased to invite you to the Pharmacy Career Fair. This is an excellent opportunity for students and alumni pursuing a career or further education in Pharmacy to meet with prospective employers and post-secondary institutions.
All uSask students and alumni pursuing a career or further education in Pharmacy are invited to attend, as well as students from the Pharmacy Technician program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic (Kelsey Campus).
Pre-registration is not required, but if you would like to sign up to receive the event reminder email, please log in to CareerLink, where you can sign up in the Events Calendar.
Dress is Business Casual.
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
5pm - 7:45pm
Health Sciences, D-Wing Atrium, 2nd and 3rd floors
Tips for Success
What to do before the event
- Get your resume ready!
- View the list of attending companies.
- Research the companies you are interested in and the positions offered, using the resources at the SECC and on the Internet. Talk to any other students or graduates that have worked for the companies.
- Prepare intelligent, informed questions in advance for those employers that interest you. This will allow you to present yourself as well informed and will capture the employer’s attention.
- Consider creating a LinkedIn account.
What to bring
- Pen and notepad
- Portfolio or clipboard—to store the information and business cards you will pick up
- Positive attitude!
- Calling cards
What to wear
- Arrive neatly dressed, and appear well groomed and professional at all times while at the event.
- Wear minimal jewelry and perfume/cologne, polish your shoes, and do not have gum or candy in your mouth.
- Remember the importance of fresh breath!
Practice your F.A.S.T. Pitch ahead of time, so that you are prepared to use it as a means of introducing yourself:
F - First: name and firm handshake
A - Academics: year and major
S - Skills: strengths and interest (in position, their company, the industry, mentoring, etc.)
T - Target: define your objective (what is your goal for speaking with this person)
- Remember to smile and maintain good eye contact. Demonstrating a positive attitude and being engaged are very important!
- Ask about the next step in the recruitment process if a recruiter is willing to accept your resume at the event. Some employers will decline and refer you to the SECC and the specific postings on the job postings board and website.
- Be sure to thank employers for their time before you leave.
- Attend the event alone—you will be more focused on your job search and make a stronger impression with potential employers.
- Be friendly and warm, self-confident, and listen attentively.
- Stay long enough to have your questions answered and your interest recognized, but never monopolize an employer's time. Ensure that you have left a positive impression.
- Be patient while the recruiter is speaking with another student.
- Show interest in the company, not just its promotional items.
- Focus on what you can bring to the organization, not what the organization can do for you.
- Be relaxed and have fun!
Filter by discipline: