The SECC is pleased to invite you to the Pharmacy Career Fair. This is an excellent opportunity for students and alumni pursuing a career or further education in Pharmacy to meet with prospective employers and post-secondary institutions.
All uSask students and alumni pursuing a career or further education in Pharmacy are invited to attend, as well as students from the Pharmacy Technician program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic (Kelsey Campus).
Please log into CareerLink and register for the Career Fair in the Events/Workshops module.
Dress is Business Casual.
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
5pm - 8:00 pm
Tips for Success
What to do before the event
- Get your resume ready!
- View the list of exhibitors in advance.
- Research the companies you are interested in and the positions they are hiring for.
- Prepare intelligent, informed questions in advance for those employers that interest you. This will allow you to present yourself as well informed and will capture the employer’s attention.
- Consider creating a LinkedIn account.
What to wear
- Arrive neatly dressed, and appear well groomed and professional at all times while at the event.
- Avoid perfume/cologne and use mints instead of gum.
What to bring
- Pen and notepad
- Portfolio or clipboard—to store the information and business cards you will pick up
- Know what it is that you are looking to find out about the organization, and prepare a few questions in advance.
- Try introducing yourself by saying your name and what your major is.
- Remember to smile and maintain good eye contact. Demonstrating a positive attitude and being engaged are very important!
- Attend the event alone—you will be more focused on your job search and make a stronger impression with potential employers.
- Stay long enough to have your questions answered and your interest recognized, but never monopolize an exhibitor's time.
- Show interest in the company, not just its promotional items.
- Focus on what you can bring to the organization, not what the organization can do for you.
- Be relaxed and have fun!