Looking for a summer job?
The Summer Jobs Career Fair is proudly brought to you by the Student Employment and Career Centre (SECC) and the USSU. This year's event will be held in Place Riel, North Concourse.
The SECC will be offering Drop-in Career Coaching and will have other employees available to answer your employment and career questions.
Come meet and connect with employers who want to hire USask students and alumni for summer positions. The event runs from 10:00am to 4:00pm, so stop by when it fits your schedule.
To register, please log into CareerLink, choose the "Events/Workshops" module, and register for the Summer Jobs Career Fair. Please bring your student card to confirm your attendance at the event!
Recommendation: Review your resume and if it needs to be updated, consider booking a Resume Talk at the SECC. Simply log into Careerlink choose "Appointments" module and select a time that works for you!
Tips for Success
What to do before the event
- Get your resume ready!
- View the list of exhibitors in advance.
- Research the companies you are interested in and the positions they are hiring for.
- Prepare intelligent, informed questions in advance for those employers that interest you. This will allow you to present yourself as well informed and will capture the employer’s attention.
- Consider creating a LinkedIn account.
What to wear
- Arrive neatly dressed, and appear well groomed and professional at all times while at the event.
- Avoid perfume/cologne and use mints instead of gum.
What to bring
- Pen and notepad
- Portfolio or clipboard—to store the information and business cards you will pick up
- Know what it is that you are looking to find out about the organization, and prepare a few questions in advance.
- Try introducing yourself by saying your name and what your major is.
- Remember to smile and maintain good eye contact. Demonstrating a positive attitude and being engaged are very important!
- Attend the event alone—you will be more focused on your job search and make a stronger impression with potential employers.
- Stay long enough to have your questions answered and your interest recognized, but never monopolize an exhibitor's time.
- Show interest in the company, not just its promotional items.
- Focus on what you can bring to the organization, not what the organization can do for you.
- Be relaxed and have fun!