Through USask’s free GuidanceResources program, off-campus and distance students can speak with financial experts, health coaches, mental-health clinicians and lawyers.
Specialists are also available to provide pre-screened referrals and resources for just about anything on your to-do list.
To access the online support available, visit the GuidanceResources website, select Register, and enter the Organization Web ID USASKSAP.
Speak with certified public accountants, certified financial planners and other professionals who are not associated with any financial institution.
- Credit card and debt management
- Budgeting, retirement and estate planning
- Tax and real estate questions
- Financing for university
- Investment options
- Mortgages, loans and refinancing
- Manage your weight (nutrition, exercise, weight loss)
- Stop smoking
- Take an assessment of your physical health
Caring clinicians are available by phone or online 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Marital and family conflicts
- Alcohol or drug use
- Job pressures
- Dealing with change
- Grief and loss
Schedule a phone appointment to speak with one of the program’s staff lawyers.
- Family law matters, including divorce, custody, child support and adoption
- Bankruptcy and credit issues
- Landlord/tenant issues, including eviction and lease questions
- Real estate and foreclosure questions
- Immigration concerns
- Wills and living wills
Referrals and resources
Specialists will research your question, and, in just a few business days, send you a complete packet of practical information, including pre-screened referrals, articles on your topic and much more. Material will be delivered to you via email, fax or mail.
Staff can help you with just about anything on your to-do list, including (but not limited to):
- Finding child or elder care
- Hiring movers or home repair contractors
- Housing searches
- Tenants’ rights
- Renters’ insurance
- Packing tips
- Finding pet care
- Sending a child off to school
Contact GuidanceResources at any time and staff there will answer your questions and, if needed, refer you to an expert and other resources.
Online support is available through their website or app.