COVID-19 updated services
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Student Employment & Career Centre (SECC) is no longer operating on campus, however we are still available to serve you!
It is our goal to continue to support our students and alumni from our new remote locations with minimal disruption. With that goal in mind, we will still continue to offer our standard services to all students and alumni.
Employment support during COVID-19
For resources to help you navigate your job search and career development during pandemic disruption, please visit our Employment page.
Job search assistance
For help with resumes, cover letters, CV's, or interview prep, please book an appointment through CareerLink, or for any other job search related questions please contact one of our Employment Coordinators.
To see all available job postings please visit CareerLink.
If you have any other questions regarding our services please email us at email@example.com. We will get back to you within one business day.
The SECC offers:
- Job postings and Volunteer opportunites
- ResumeTalks - Develop and discuss your job search documents.
- Career Coaching - Talk about your career choices and goals and identify the direction you need to take.
- InterviewTalks and Mock Interviews - Develop, practice and polish your interview skills.
- Career Assessments - Understand yourself so you can establish clear career goals and make informed career decisions.
There are a number of ways to connect with employers while you're a student or even after as an alumni:
- Career Fairs - an expo in September and college focused fairs through the year
- CareerMeetUps - opportunities to find out more about specific industries directly from employers
- Employer Sessions - detailed information about key employers before major application deadlines
Other career services
Co-ops and internships
The SECC can assist in the development and administration of co-ops and internships.
The SECC offers customized career development programming for colleges, departments, and groups on campus. Talks are 50 minutes long and can assist your student body in making the successful transition from student to career professional. Topics can cover exploratory career skills to the transition to employment.
Interested in hiring a university student or graduate for a summer, full-time, part-time, contract, internship, or volunteer position? Interested in connecting with students or building your brand? The Student Employment & Career Centre (SECC) can help.