The SECC offers:
- Job postings and Volunteer opportunites
- ResumeTalks - Develop and discuss your job search documents.
- Career Coaching - Talk about your career choices and goals and identify the direction you need to take.
- InterviewTalks and Mock Interviews - Develop, practice and polish your interview skills.
- Career Assessments - Understand yourself so you can establish clear career goals and make informed career decisions.
There are a number of ways to connect with employers while you're a student or even after as an alumni:
- Career Fairs - an expo in September and college focused fairs through the year
- CareerMeetUps - opportunities to find out more about specific industries directly from employers
- Employer Sessions - detailed information about key employers before major application deadlines
Become a Student Assistant
SECC boasts a productive and hard-working environment, yet one which is supportive, positive, and fun. We value integrity and accountability, and encourage our employees to grow, learn and develop professionally. Student Assistants (SAs) are important members of the SECC team who provide one-on-one and group support to U of S students and alumni in the areas of employment and career development.
Working as an SA is a wonderful opportunity for U of S students to develop knowledge and skills that can further their academic and career goals. Each SA serves as an ambassador of the SECC and the U of S at large, modeling student leadership through their work at the Centre and beyond. It's a fun, rewarding and challenging job giving students a chance to provide excellent service, engage in personal and professional skill development, and model authentic student leadership.
The SECC's 2019-20 Student Assistant posting will be live in CareerLink Feb 2019.
Other Career Services
Co-ops and internships
The SECC can assist in the development and administration of co-ops and internships.
The SECC offers customized career development programming for colleges, departments, and groups on campus. Talks are 50 minutes long and can assist your student body in making the successful transition from stuent to career professional. Topics can cover exploratory career skills to the transition to employment.
Interested in hiring a university student or graduate for a summer, full-time, part-time, contract, internship, or volunteer position? Interested in connecting with students or building your brand? The Student Employment & Career Centre (SECC) can help.