Public transit


The U-Pass offers students huge savings for transportation on Saskatoon Transit and is mandatory for most students. 

U-Pass stickers can be picked up or reactivated at the Information Centre in Upper Place Riel. Students must reactivate their U-Pass sticker each term.

You need your Student ID Card before picking up your U-Pass.

Saskatoon Transit

Saskatoon Transit is Saskatoon’s public bus transportation service provider. For information about routes, schedules and fares visit

Bus route maps are available at the front doors of Upper Place Riel, facing the transit hub. 



Student parking permits

Students can apply for a parking spot in the PAWS Parking page, applications typically open in July. Students starting universitiy in the Winter Term, should contact Parking and Transportation Services to find out if there are parking spots still available.

Students living in Voyageur Place, College Quarter, Graduate House and McEown Park residence buildings cannot apply online, but can apply by contacting Parking and Transportation Services after they have completed the Residence Agreement for the fall.

Pay-per-visit parking lots

If you're parking for many hours or all day, parking lot 4 and the Stadium Parkade are the cheapest options. View a list of all pay-per-visit parking lots.   

Car Pooling

UCommute is a ride matching and commute tracking service available within PAWS. By plotting your location and destination, UCommute gives you access to all other U of S users who share similar commutes and helps in planning carpool groups. The services also offers matching for transit, cycling, and pedestrian commuters. New to the city and uncomfortable with commuting by bike? Get matched with an advanced cyclist in the city who can show you the ropes and help increase your confidence on the roads. For anyone trying to reduce their commuting impact, UCommute is the choice on campus for you.

International students

While we suggest that you obtain an international driver’s license before coming to Canada, international students with a study permit and a valid driver’s license from their home country can drive in Saskatchewan. Your license must be in English or accompanied by an official translation.  


Securing your bike

credit: SF bicycle organization

Bike racks are located across the campus for your bike security needs. Please note that university campuses experience some of the highest rates of bicycle theft due to the abundant supply and poor locking habits of individuals. When locking your bike on campus, use the following guidelines to effectively secure your ride:

  • Use a strong U-Lock with an optional chain for additional protection. Combination and cable locks are often easily crackable or breakable and offer little protection on campus.
  • Always lock your bike around the frame and rear wheel. 
  • Front wheels are easily removed and, though less valuable, still a target for thieves. Never lock your bike through the front wheel, and if you are extra concerned about security detach your front wheel and lock it with your rear wheel and frame.

Bike storage and lockers

For those looking for added bike security, the university also has dedicated specific bike storage locations and also a number of bike lockers available for rent.

Bike Tools

With a valid student card, bike tool kits and supplies for minor repairs can be rented from the Physical Activity Complex Equipment Room during PAC hours. The USSU also has a bike repair stand with a limited number of tools installed outside of the Arts Building.

Getting to Saskatoon


If you’re flying to Saskatoon from another country, arrange connecting flights to Saskatoon from larger airports, such as Toronto, Vancouver or Calgary.


VIA Rail Canada can connect you from many Canadian cities to Saskatoon.


Greyhound Canada is the largest provider of intercity bus transportation in Canada, serving nearly 1,100 locations.

International students

A free taxi and first-night accommodation service is available to new international students who need transportation from the bus depot, train station or airport and who require accommodation for their first night in the city.

Transportation safety articles