International Student and Study Abroad Centre

The International Student and Study Abroad Centre (ISSAC) staff are here to assist you with questions you may have as a student and to provide you with opportunities for intercultural learning and enriching study abroad experiences.

Drop-in Advising

International students drop- in advising is offered from Monday to Friday, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm.

Events and workshops


New Students

Arrival and settlement

Plan your day of arrival and learn more about settlement support including a free taxi and first-night accommodation.

Newly admitted students

Learn what you will need to do as a newly admitted student.

Interested in becoming a student?

Learn more about the University of Saskatchewan and applying for admission.


Learn about important documents you are responsible for before and during your studies at the U of S. Find out what documentation your family will need to live or visit here and what you need to do when traveling outside of Canada.

Working in Canada

Information on work permits for international students and accompanying spouses or common-law partners as well as obtaining a Social Insurance Number (SIN).

Living in Canada