Study Abroad Options
International Education Officers at the International Student and Study Abroad Centre will discuss your options, help you apply, support you while you’re away, and touch base with you when you return.
Attend a partner university abroad for one or two terms while gaining transfer credit toward your U of S degree.
- Offered during Term 1 and/or Term 2
- Choose from over 136 institutions in 40 countries around the world
- Pay U of S tuition (instead of international student tuition to the host institution)
Regardless of how many courses or credits you plan to transfer back to the U of S, you will be charged the equivalent of 15 credit units of instruction for each term based on your college tuition category.
- Student is responsible for planning travel and living arrangements
Study abroad opportunities offered through your college.
- Short-term options of one or two U of S courses abroad for 2-6 weeks as well as longer term options (some are offered in Term1 and/or Term 2, and in the Summer)
- Taking a U of S class abroad (with U of S professor and students)
- Internships and practicums
Summer Abroad programs
Attend programs offered abroad during the summer months.
- Short, intensive programs focusing on a specific topic area
- More than 16 destinations including Germany, France and China
Study Abroad Independently
You can also apply to a university of your interest as a visiting student even if the U of S doesn't have a partnership agreement with them.
- Get permission from your College to participate in these independent programs and keep in mind that you do not get any credits towards your U of S degree unless otherwise determined by your College.
- Your tuition will be assessed as an international student of the institution you will be attending rather than as a U of S student.
Drop by the International Student and Study Abroad Centre and speak to one of our International Education officers about our great selection of study-abroad opportunities. Staff at the centre can also talk to you about available funding.
Tuesday 1-4 pm
Wednesday 9 am-noon
Thursday 1-4 pm
No appointment required.
Travel awards and scholarships
Find travel awards and scholarships specifically designed for students who are participating in a U of S study abroad program or conferences, competitions or other study-related activities off campus.
All students going on university-approved and/or sponsored international trips must attend a pre-departure orientation and complete the International Travel Registry.
For more information about the above programs and services, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Events and deadlines