Important dates and deadlines
Complete the following five steps to ensure you are ready to graduate and receive your parchment.
1. Apply to graduate
Fall Convocation 2020 application deadlines
|August 31, 2020||Application deadline to graduate at Fall Convocation|
|October 2, 2020||The last day to withdraw your application to graduate|
Spring Convocation 2021 application deadlines
Note: The application to graduate for Spring 2021 will not open until December 2020.
|March 31, 2021||Application deadline to graduate at Spring Convocation|
|May 1, 2021||The last day to withdraw your application to graduate|
Only your College Office can provide you with information pertaining to eligibility for graduation. You are considered a graduate of a program once the degree has been conferred, which occurs at the convocation ceremony.
2. Check the mailing address we have on file
|October 28, 2020||Deadline to submit address changes|
Ensure that your current mailing address is up-to-date in My Profile and if you happen to change addresses after you've applied to graduate, notify us by email at email@example.com.
3. Check the full legal name we have on file
|October 9, 2020||Deadline to submit any name changes|
Note: a $50 fee will be charged for name change requests made after this date
The name in My Profile is what will appear on your parchment.
Check your name in My Profile. Your legal name is listed under the Bio section.
If you are a trans student who no longer goes by your legal first name, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- ensure your preferred name is read aloud when you cross the stage,
- request an official letter that acknowledges that we recognize you go by a different name than the legal name on your parchment, and
- request a new parchment at no cost to you if you change your name legally in the future.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
4. Pay outstanding tuition and fees
|November 3, 2020||Deadline to clear outstanding account balances|
If you have a holds on your account, you may graduate, but will not receive your parchments and other official documents such as transcripts until all outstanding balances are cleared.
5. Send necessary transcripts
|October 9, 2020||Official transcripts must be received from the issuing institution|
If you've accumulated transfer credits from other post-secondary institutions that haven't been sent to us, you must arrange to have the issuing institution send your transcripts by the date noted above.
Official transcripts may be sent from the issuing institution to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Recruitment and Admissions
University of Saskatchewan
105 Administration Place
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A2
Receiving your parchments
If there is no convocation ceremony, parchments will be mailed to graduates.
If there is a convocation ceremony, graduands are encouraged to attend the ceremony to receive their parchments in person. If you cannot attend, you will receive your parchment in the mail about a month after convocation. Please ensure that your mailing address is up-to-date in My Profile and if you happen to change addresses after you've applied to graduate, notify us by email.
Replacements and copies
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, all parchment orders will be delayed. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
In the event that you require a copy or replacement of your parchment, the University of Saskatchewan will provide a second copy of a parchment at a cost of $50 under the following circumstances:
- Official name change: you must complete the parchment replacement form and provide a copy of supporting documentation (e.g. birth certificate, marriage license).
- Original incorrect: you must return the original document along with supporting documentation and the parchment replacement form. To prevent this from happening, ensure that your legal name as you want it to appear on your parchment is up-to-date in My Profile (see the Bio section).
- Original lost or destroyed: you must submit a parchment replacement form and a reprint fee of $50.
- Original never received: submit a written statement of request. There will be no charge if this request is made within one year of the graduation date. If the request is made after one year, the $50 reprint fee must be submitted.
- Duplicate copies: you may also order duplicate copies of your parchment.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) conversion to a Juris Doctor (J.D.): you must submit the parchment replacement form and the reprint fee of $50. More details about the JD designation can be found on here, on the College of Law website.
If you graduated prior to 2011, replacement or copied parchments will be in the current USask style with current signatures.
Your parchment is a legal document. The University of Saskatchewan reserves the right to limit the number of copies issued to any one person.
Please email us if you have any questions.
Although we cannot honour the achievements of our graduating class of 2020 in person, we can celebrate them in other ways.
On November 10, graduates and their families and friends, and the university community are invited to visit the USask Class of 2020 graduation celebration website.
Celebrate with us
We have already seen some of the creative and unique ways you are celebrating your graduation. Keep those posts coming! Show us how you are celebrating through social media and make sure to include #USaskClassOf2020 in your posts. You can also incorporate USask themed GIFs by searching "USask" on Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok.
Under s.23(2)(h) of the The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the University of Saskatchewan has the authority to publish and release information pertaining to the degrees, certificates or diplomas received by individuals. If you are concerned about your name being published in the Convocation program, the StarPhoenix Convocation edition, college websites or publications, etc., please formally submit your reasons why to the University Registrar, E34-105 Administration Place, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 5A2. Generally, names will only be removed for reasons related to the personal safety of the individual.
Gowns and parchment frames
Due to the postponement of in-person convocation ceremonies, gowns are not available to rent.
After you graduate
Publication of graduate names
All graduate names will be listed on the USask website, Convocation program and in the special graduation edition of the StarPhoenix. Graduate names may also be sent to media.
Graduate Retention Program
After graduation, you may be eligible for a tax exemption of up to $20,000 via the Graduate Retention Program.
Update your contact information to stay in touch with the Office of Alumni Relations as you go off and do great things.