Watch convocation live online
Are you ready to graduate?
If you're ready to graduate, there are a few things you need to do to make sure your convocation goes smoothly.
Complete the following five steps to ensure you are ready to graduate and receive your parchment.
1. Apply to graduate
The application to graduate for Fall 2019 is now open.
|August 31, 2019||Application deadline to graduate at Fall Convocation|
|September 15, 2019||The last day to withdraw your application to graduate|
Only your College Office can provide you with information pertaining to eligibility for graduation. You are considered a graduate of a program once the degree has been conferred, which occurs at the convocation ceremony.
2. Is your mailing address up-to-date in PAWS?
|TBA||Deadline to submit address change|
Ensure that your current mailing address is up-to-date in PAWS and if you happen to change addresses after you’ve applied to graduate, notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Is your full legal name accurate in PAWS?
|TBA||Deadline to submit any name changes for Fall Convocation purposes|
|Note: a $50.00 fee will be charged for name change requests made after this date|
The name on file in PAWS is the name that will appear on your parchment.
You can check your name under the My Profile tab located under your name on the top right corner in PAWS. Your legal name is listed under the Bio section.
If you are a trans student who no longer goes by your legal first name, please email email@example.com to:
- ensure your preferred name is read aloud when you cross the stage,
- request an official letter that acknowledges that we recognize you go by a different name than the legal name on your parchment, and
- request a new parchment at no cost to you if you change your name legally in the future.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Have all outstanding fees been settled?
|TBA||Deadline to clear outstanding account balances|
Students who have holds on their accounts may graduate and attend the Convocation ceremony but will not receive their parchments and other official documents such as transcripts, or have the ability to re-register, until all outstanding balances are cleared.
5. Have your transcripts from other institutions been received?
|TBA||Official transcripts must be received by fax from the issuing
|TBA||Official transcripts must be received by mail from the issuing institution|
If you’ve accumulated transfer credits from other post-secondary institutions that haven’t been sent to us, you must arrange to have the issuing institution both fax and mail your transcripts by the dates noted above.
1. Fax transcripts
2. Then, mail transcripts to:
Recruitment and Admissions
University of Saskatchewan
105 Administration Place
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A2 Canada
Prepare for your Convocation ceremony
See the program of events and follow these steps to ensure that you are ready for your Convocation ceremony.
1. Order your tickets
|TBA||Tickets can be ordered online through the Convocation Information channel in PAWS starting at 12:00 pm|
|Online ticket orders close in PAWS|
- Tickets are required to attend the ceremony and you can order up to 7 guest tickets. If you and/or a guest have a disability and require accommodation, please indicate this on your ticket request.
- Extra tickets: If you require more than 10 guest tickets, extras may become available based on ceremony capacity. Check your PAWS email for updates on availability.
- Tickets will immediately be emailed to your PAWS email and can be printed or shown digitally for entry.
- International guests: If your guests require an invitation letter to secure travel documents, information can be found on the inviting friends and family page and the IRCC guide. Contact email@example.com if you have questions.
- Convocation is a public event where photographs will be taken and the ceremonies will be streamed live on the internet. In addition, all graduate names will be listed in the special Convocation edition of the StarPhoenix, to be published in conjunction with the event. By attending convocation, you are giving the University of Saskatchewan permission to use any photos and to include your name in all media, future promotional materials, programs, websites, etc.
2. Order your gown
|TBA||Rental gowns will be available for online ordering|
Graduands who attend the Convocation ceremony are required to wear appropriate academic dress and must obtain hoods for the degree they’re receiving — not for a degree they already hold. Gowns and hoods are available for rent and should be ordered prior to the time of assembly. They can be picked up on site at Merlis Belsher Place before your ceremony. If you forget to rent a gown, you can rent one on site prior to your ceremony.
If you have forgotten to return your gown contact Gaspard at 1-800-380-8214 or firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to return your gown.
3. Order your degree frame
There are four ways to purchase your degree frame. Complimentary framing will be available onsite at Merlis Belsher Place. Until TBA, USask degree frames are 15% off.
- Purchase online for delivery any time with delivery directly to your home.
- Purchase online for pickup at convocation.
- In person at Merlis Belsher Place: Purchase your frame onsite after each ceremony. Inventory may be limited.
- In Person, year-round: Purchase a frame at Shop usask Preston Crossing or Shop usask Bookstore all year round.
4. Order graduation flowers
Fresh roses will be available for purchase at Merlis Belsher Place from TBA. To reserve a bouquet, order online and pick it up when you get to Merlis Belsher Place.
5. Order your graduation photos
The Convocation Office will be coordinating graduation photography. A photo will be taken of you when you receive your parchment and proofs will be emailed to your PAWS account within a few weeks after convocation, where you will have the opportunity to purchase your photos.
Some colleges arrange formal graduation photos through their student unions. Contact the student union in your college to find out more information.
Under s.23(2)(h) of the The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the University of Saskatchewan has the authority to publish and release information pertaining to the degrees, certificates or diplomas received by individuals. If you are concerned about your name being published in the Convocation program, the StarPhoenix Convocation edition, college websites or publications, etc., please formally submit your reasons why to the University Registrar, E34-105 Administration Place, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 5A2. Generally, names will only be removed for reasons related to the personal safety of the individual.
What you need to know for Convocation day
See the program of events to know when to arrive and be ready.
- Arrive early, at least 90 minutes before your ceremony to avoid long lines when picking up your gown and hood.
- Parking is available near Merlis Belsher Place (see detailed parking and payment options below)
- Be backstage at Merlis Belsher Place place 45 minutes before your ceremony starts and be fully dressed in your academic regalia.
- You will only walk the stage once per ceremony for your highest degree-level parchment obtained. At this time, all degrees and certificates will be awarded from that ceremony.
- Only graduating students are eligible to cross the stage during the ceremony.
- Each ceremony usually runs no longer than 2 1/2 hours.
- Clothing, degree frames and graduation gifts will be available to purchase at the ceremony.
Questions? Please email email@example.com or call 306-966-6735.
Please do not park in the Field House parking lots. The Field House parking lots are for those using the Field House facilities only. You will be ticketed if you park there while attending Convocation.
Parking Lot Locations and Payment
Parking lot options
|Lots closest to Merlis Belsher Place:||Visitor parking lots on campus, include:|
|Lot 20 (located directly in front of Merlis Belsher Place)||Lot 1|
|Lot 15 (at the corner of College Drive and Preston Avenue)||Lot 3|
|Stadium Parkade||Lot 4|
Parking payment options
Pre-paid convocation parking pass (Recommended option)
Avoid day-of parking payment lineups by purchasing a convocation parking pass for a discounted price of $4. Purchase the pass from Parking and Transportation Services, located at 72 Campus Drive, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Space permitting, the pass gives you access to park for four hours in lots 15, 20 and the Stadium Parkade (see above for links to map locations) and includes access for the day in lots 1, 3, 4 and 5 (see above for links to map locations) before or after the ceremonies.
Please arrive early for your ceremony: Purchasing a pre-paid parking pass does not guarantee you a spot in any parking lot.
Use the PayByPhone App
Download or login to the PayByPhone app, find the location number of the lot you are in (indicated in the lot) and pay with your smartphone. The location number for lot 15 and 20 is 4656. During convocation, the cost to park in lots 15 and 20 using the PayByPhone app is $5 for 4 hours.
Pay at the pay station
Pay stations or meters are located in each public lot and public space. Please avoid this option to help you make it to your ceremony on time. We recommend pre-paying or paying using the PayByPhone app.
If you choose to pay at a pay station during Convocation, the cost to park in lots 15 and 20 is $5 for 4 hours. The cost to pay in lots 1, 3, 4 and 5 is $3/hour, and the cost to pay in Stadium Parkade is $2.50/hour with a $6 per exit maximum.
Degrees in absentia
Graduands are expected to attend the Convocation ceremony to receive their parchments in person. If you cannot attend, you will receive your parchment in the mail about a month after convocation. Please ensure that your mailing address is up-to-date in PAWS.
If you prefer to pick up your degree in person after convocation, please email us and ask to have your degree withheld from the mail out.
A Toast to the Class of 2019
The USask Alumni Association wants to help you keep the celebrations going after convocation. We are holding a Toast to the Class or 2019 event at Convocation Hall in the Peter MacKinnon on the USask campus.
This event is in addition to the one your college is having after your convocation ceremony. Please stop by before your college event if you are able!
Here’s what you need to know:
Where: Convocation Hall and the Bowl
When: TBA immediately following each morning ceremony until 1 pm and immediately following each afternoon ceremony until 6 pm
What: A chance to take photos inside Convocation hall (USask’s most notable and historical landmark) snacks and refreshments, and you can enter to win a $1,000 voucher to anywhere Air Canada flies!
Please join us and keep the celebrations going!
See the program of events
- Programs are handed out at each ceremony. View a past ceremony program.
- Honorary award recipients: In addition to awarding thousands of degrees to students, a number of honorary degrees and awards will be presented to deserving individuals.
- Orators: Orators were selected through an audition process to read out the names of degree recipients as they receive their parchments.
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Agriculture and Bioresources
- Pharmacy and Nutrition
- School of Rehabilitation Science
- School of Public Health
- Veterinary Medicine
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Arts and Science
- Office of the Provost
- Edwards School of Business
- School of Public Policy
- School of Environment and Sustainability
After you graduate
Apply to a new program
Are you planning to further your education and return to the college from which you are now receiving your degree, or a different one? If so, you must submit a new admission application through PAWS.
Graduate Retention Program
After graduation, you may be eligible for a tax exemption of up to $20,000.
The Office of Alumni Relations wants to keep in touch as you go off and do great things. When you update your contact information between now and June 9th, you will be entered to win a $1,000 voucher to anywhere Air Canada flies!
Parchment replacements and duplicate copies
In the event that you require a copy or replacement of your parchment, the University of Saskatchewan will provide a second copy of a parchment at a cost of $50 under the following circumstances:
- Official name change: you must complete the parchment replacement form and provide a copy of supporting documentation (e.g. birth certificate, marriage license).
- Original incorrect: you must return the original document along with supporting documentation and the parchment replacement form. To prevent this from happening, ensure that your legal name as you want it to appear on your parchment is up-to-date in PAWS. See the bio section under my profile located on the right top corner.
- Original lost or destroyed: You must submit a parchment replacement form and a reprint fee of $50.
- Original never received: submit a written statement of request. There will be no charge if this request is made within one year of the graduation date. If the request is made after one year, the $50 reprint fee must be submitted.
- Duplicate copies: you may also order duplicate copies of your parchment.
- If you graduated prior to 2011, replacement or copied parchments will be in the current U of S style with current signatures.
- Due to regulations and to protect your cyber security, credit card information will not be accepted via email.
- Parchment replacement forms with credit card payments must be faxed, mailed or dropped off in person.
- Your parchment is a legal document. The University of Saskatchewan reserves the right to limit the number of copies issued to any one person.
Other parchment changes
LL.B to J.D.: To have your Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) Degree changed to a Juris Doctor (J.D.) Degree, please visit the College of Law website for application details.
If you were a NEPS graduate between 2006-2009 and would like to have your degree printed with the appropriate logos, please contact the College of Nursing for information.