Important dates and deadlines
2022 Spring Graduation
Complete the following five steps to ensure you are ready to graduate and receive your parchment.
1. Apply to graduate
Spring Convocation 2022 application deadlines
|March 31, 2022||The graduation application will open in Early December|
|April 30, 2022||The last day to withdraw your application to graduate|
Only your College Office can provide you with information pertaining to eligibility for graduation. You are considered a graduate of a program once the degree has been conferred, which occurs at the convocation ceremony.
- All communication regarding graduation will be sent to your PAWS email, please check there regularly.
2. Check the mailing address we have on file
|May 2, 2022||Deadline to submit address changes|
Ensure that your current mailing address is up-to-date in My Profile and if you happen to change addresses after you've applied to graduate, notify us by email at email@example.com.
3. Check the full legal name we have on file
|May 2, 2022||Deadline to submit any name changes|
Note: a $50 fee will be charged for name change requests made after this date
The name in My Profile is what will appear on your parchment, on the list of graduates that will be available online.
Check your name in My Profile. Your legal name is listed under the Bio section.
Under s.23(2)(h) of the Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the University of Saskatchewan has the authority to publish and release information pertaining to the degrees, diplomas and certificates received by individuals. If you are concerned about your name being published in the convocation program, other media, college websites and other publications, please submit your reasons why to the University Registrar by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Generally, names will only be removed for reasons related to the personal safety of the individual.
If you are a transgender student who no longer goes by your legal name, please email email@example.com by the name change deadline to:
- Ensure your preferred name is read aloud at Convocation
- Ensure your preferred name is listed in the graduation program and convocation celebration website
- Request an official letter that acknowledges we recognize you go by a different name than the legal name
- Request two parchments be printed; one with your legal name and one with your preferred name, which will include a notation on the back that explains the name listed is your preferred name.
- If you change your name legally in the future, request a new parchment at no cost to replace any parchments you have previously received
If you need to verify a degree, diploma, or certificate
Both your legal name and preferred name are kept by the university. The inconsistency of legal and preferred names may be an issue during some degree verification processes. For example, you legal name is listed on transcripts, unofficial transcripts, confirmation of degree letters, and our third-party direct verification service, and your legal name may be used in over-the-phone confirmations.
For more information, or if you identify as transgender and have already graduated, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Pay outstanding tuition and fees
|May 13, 2022||Deadline to clear outstanding account balances|
If you have a holds on your account, you may graduate, but will not receive your parchments and other official documents such as transcripts until all outstanding balances are cleared.
5. Send necessary transcripts
|May 6, 2022||Official transcripts must be received from the issuing institution|
If you've accumulated transfer credits from other post-secondary institutions that haven't been sent to us, you must arrange to have the issuing institution send your transcripts by the date noted above.
Official transcripts may be sent from the issuing institution to email@example.com or mailed to:
Recruitment and Admissions
University of Saskatchewan
105 Administration Place
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A2
Receiving your parchments
Fall 2021 graduates will receive their degree, diplomas and certificates by mail beginning mid-November. Ensure your parchment is mailed to your current address by checking your graduation application. The deadline for address changes is October 22, 2021.
All parchments are being mailed via Canada Post. If you have not received your parchment six weeks after the day of graduation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If there is a convocation ceremony, graduands are encouraged to attend the ceremony to receive their parchments in person. If you cannot attend, you will receive your parchment in the mail about a month after convocation. Please ensure that your mailing address is up-to-date in My Profile and if you happen to change addresses after you've applied to graduate, notify us by email.
Replacements and copies
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, all parchment orders will be delayed. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
In the event that you require a copy or replacement of your parchment, the University of Saskatchewan will provide a second copy of a parchment at a cost of $50 under the following circumstances:
- Official name change: you must complete the parchment replacement form and provide a copy of supporting documentation (Driver’s License, Passport, Non-Driver Photo ID, Secure Certificate of Indian Status Card, EHealth Saskatchewan Certificate of Change of Name).
- Original incorrect: you must return the original document along with supporting documentation and the parchment replacement form. To prevent this from happening, ensure that your legal name as you want it to appear on your parchment is up-to-date in My Profile (see the Bio section).
- Original lost or destroyed: you must submit a parchment replacement form and a reprint fee of $50.
- Original never received: submit a written statement of request. There will be no charge if this request is made within one year of the graduation date. If the request is made after one year, the $50 reprint fee must be submitted.
- Duplicate copies: you may also order duplicate copies of your parchment.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) conversion to a Juris Doctor (J.D.): you must submit the parchment replacement form and the reprint fee of $50. More details about the JD designation can be found on here, on the College of Law website.
If you graduated prior to 2011, replacement or copied parchments will be in the current USask style with current signatures.
Your parchment is a legal document. The University of Saskatchewan reserves the right to limit the number of copies issued to any one person.
Please email us if you have any questions.
Although we cannot honour the achievements of our graduating class of 2021 in person, we can celebrate them in other ways.
Celebrate with us
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the 2021 Fall Convocation will not be held in person. Instead, virtual graduation celebrations will be live-streamed on November 10, 2021.
Order a USask graduation lawn sign and download and print USask graduation posters to proudly display.
Gowns and parchment frames
If you are a PhD graduate, please contact the USask Convocation Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on PhD regalia.
There are two ways to purchase a frame for your degree, diploma or certificate:
You may purchase a lawn sign from Shop Usask.
After you graduate
Publication of graduate names
All graduate names will be listed on the USask website, and the Convocation program. Graduate names may also be sent to media.
Graduate Retention Program
After graduation, you may be eligible for a tax exemption of up to $20,000 via the Graduate Retention Program. The University of Saskatchewan applies for the Saskatchewan Graduate Retention Program certificate on behalf of its graduates if they provide their social insurance number in the appropriate section on their Application to Graduate
Update your contact information to stay in touch with USask Alumni as you go off and do great things. Follow your fellow @USaskAlumni on Facebook and Instagram as well as alumni.usask.ca.