Similar to in-person career fairs, Careers Day is a multi-discipline event designed to give students and alumni an opportunity to connect and interact with employers and community partners. Each employer will have a "room" or designated virtual space for you to hear more about their company and chat with the available recruiters. Additionally, the Veertly platform also allows you to connect and network with students, staff, and anyone else in attendance through their video and text chat functions!
Registration is open now!
As a current USask student or USask alumni, attendance at the Fall Careers Day virtual careers day is absolutely free! All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- On the day of the event (September 29), or any day leading up to the event, click the Veertly registration link below
- Fill in your information to register for the event. If you are pre-registering, you will get a reminder email.
- Join the event and from 10:00am - 8:00pm you can connect with employers and community partners from across Canada. Easy as that!
If you'd like to know more about how to use the Veertly virtual platform, please come join us for one of our student orientation sessions. Links can be found in the CareerLink events calendar, or by clicking on the information below:
- September 23 at 12:30pm CST
- September 27 at 10:00am CST
- September 27 at 4:00pm CST
- September 28 at 8:30am CST
- September 28 at 12:00pm CST
Widening the Circle: Living Truth and Reconciliation in the Workplace
Date: September 29
Time: 11:30am - 12:15pm CST
Location: Veertly Online Platform
Now more than ever, Canadians want to support truth and reconciliation efforts and stand in solidarity with Indigenous Peoples of Canada.
Today, more employers and community leaders are implementing initiatives, action plans, and strategies to contribute to truth and reconciliation efforts and meaningful Indigenous engagement and they expect employees to contribute to these efforts and become allies to Indigenous Peoples of Canada.
It is important as a future employee that you are informed and able to contribute to inclusive work environments and respectful dialogue as building collaborative and productive work dynamics is essential to organizational success.
This panel will discuss these efforts and provide guidance to you, as future employees, on how you can prepare yourself for being an ally and contributing to truth and reconciliation efforts in the workplace.
To attend the panel all you need to do is join the Careers Day event and join us on the Main Stage!
|Ag Grow Consulting Ltd.|
|Association of Consulting Engineering Companies|
|Baker Tilly SK LLP|
|Brandt Corporate Services Ltd.|
|Calian Advanced Technologies|
|Canada Revenue Agency|
|Canadian Natural Resources Ltd (CNRL)|
|Chartered Professional Accountants of Saskatchewan|
|City of Saskatoon|
|EGADZ, Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre Inc|
|Farm Credit Canada|
|Farmers Edge Inc.|
|Federated Co-Operatives Ltd|
|Government of Saskatchewan|
|Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools|
|Health Careers in Saskatchewan|
|Insurance Institute of Canada|
|Kiewit Canadian Shared Services|
|LGC - Toronto Research Chemicals Inc.|
|Matrix Solutions Inc.|
|Parrish & Heimbecker Ltd|
|PCL Construction Management Inc|
|PepsiCo Foods Canada|
|Ross University School of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine|
|Saskatchewan Blue Cross|
|Saskatchewan Cancer Agency - School of Radiation Therapy|
|Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists|
|Saskatoon Police Service|
|TD Bank Group|
|Techtronic Industries Canada|
|Vaderstad Industries Inc.|
|Veikle Agro Inc.|
Employer Info Sessions
Employer Info Sessions are your chance to meet with an employer or community partner in a small group setting. This is a great opportunity to connect and find out more about specific companies and industries, and also learn about the possible job opportunities with them!
Upcoming Info Sessions:
Labatt - Thursday September 23, 2021 at 12:00pm CST
Vale - Wednesday October 13, 2021 at 4:30pm CST
Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools - Thursday October 4, 2021 at 3:30pm CST
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine - Wednesday October 20, 2021 at 5:00pm CST
Northwestern Health Sciences University - Wednesday October 20, 2021 at 7:00pm CST
Workshops & Presentations
The Career Services team is here to assist you with all aspects of your career and job search.
Career Services offers:
- Job postings
- ResumeTalks - develop and discuss your job search documents
- Career Coaching - talk about your career choices and goals and identify the direction you need to take
- InterviewTalks and Mock Interviews - develop, practice and polish your interview skills
- Career Assessments - understand yourself so you can establish clear career goals and make informed career decisions
- CareerMeetUps - opportunities to find out more about specific industries directly from employers
- Employer info sessions - detailed information about key employers before major application deadline