Employers host information sessions prior to application deadlines to talk to targeted audiences about their organization and what employment opportunities they have to offer.
Careers Fairs offer an excellent opportunity to:
- Market yourself to some of Canada’s top employers
- Meet with a variety of career professionals
- Develop your networking skills
- Gain a better understanding of career opportunities
- Discover employment opportunities available to you
Networking is all about building relationships that will help you uncover information about occupations, industries, career mentorship, employment, or business opportunities.
Ten Thousand Coffees
Join a local networking group
- Business Network International Saskatchewan
- GenNext Saskatoon
- North Saskatoon Business Association (NSBA)
- Promotion Club of Saskatoon
- Saskatoon, Canada Networking Events - Eventbrite
- Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce – Events
- Saskatoon Business Networking & Professional Conventions – Eventful
- Square One Event & Workshop Listings
- Square One Ignite your Ideas
- Saskatchewan Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs (SYPE) Saskatoon
- Saskatchewan Professional Marketing Association – FUZE Conference
- Saskatoon, SK-Meetup
- Saskatoon Women’s Network
- Women Entrepreneurs of Saskatchewan Inc.
The Student Employment and Career Centre (SECC) is here to assist you with all aspects of your career and job search.
The SECC offers:
- Job postings
- ResumeTalks - Develop and discuss your job search documents.
- Career Coaching - Talk about your career choices and goals and identify the direction you need to take.
- InterviewTalks and Mock Interviews - Develop, practice and polish your interview skills.
- Career Assessments - Understand yourself so you can establish clear career goals and make informed career decisions.
- Career Fairs - an expo in September and college focused fairs through the year
- CareerMeetUps - opportunities to find out more about specific industries directly from employers
- Employer Sessions - detailed information about key employers before major application deadlines