Find your final grades in PAWS. Marks for essays, quizzes, midterms, labs and other assignments are usually saved within Canvas. Only midterm marks for 100-level multi-term classes are required to be displayed in PAWS.

In PAWS, there is also information about understanding your grades and appealing your grades. 

Proof of grades

Go to the My Records channel in PAWS to view the different methods available to provide proof of grades (including transcripts), enrolment, graduation and co-curricular involvement.

Transcripts (cost per order)

Go to the My Records channel in PAWS to order a transcript. 

At USask, the transcript order process is provided by MyCreds, a national network for electronic data exchange established by Canadian universities and colleges in partnership with the Association of Registrars of Universities and Colleges of Canada.

There is a cost to order a transcript, and the charges on your credit card statement will appear as ARUCCMYCREDSMESCERTIF, CALGARY.

Alumni and can't log into PAWS? Contact the IT Support to obtain your NSID and password to access the My Records channel in PAWS to order a transcript.

Questions? Contact

Share your grades on an ongoing basis

If you need to show a person or organization your grades on an ongoing basis, go to the My Records channel in PAWS to give them access using Proxy Access Management.

Employers or academic institutions requiring graduation confirmation

Employers and academic institutions should verify academic credentials by subscribing to AuraData AuraData requires a signed authorization from the graduate before any information is released.

Grading alternatives

Course grade modes

  • Pass/Fail/In Progress (P/F/IP)
  • Percentage/Numeric/In Progress (0-100/IP)
  • Completed Requirements/In Progress/Not Completed Requirements (CR/IP/F)

The following final grading alternatives within certain grade modes also exist:

  • Absent/Fail (ABF)
  • Audit (AU)
  • No Credit (N)
  • Not Applicable (NA)
  • Withdrawal (W)
    • Withdrawal is a grading alternative which appears permanently on a student's transcript as a W if they have withdrawn from a class after the last day to add or drop classes to avoid financial penalty. The W has no academic standing and does not impact the calculation of a student's Cumulative Weighted Average. Students who wish to withdraw must do so on or before the withdraw deadline.  No withdrawals are allowed after that date and the student will be graded on the completed course work they have submitted for the class. A student who does not complete required class work will be assigned a failing grade along with a grade comment of INF (Incomplete Fail).
  • Withdrawal from Audit (WAU)
  • Aegrotat Standing (AEG)
  • In Progress (IP) - The final grade, which indicates class completion, and full credit units are awarded in the last term of the class.
  • No Grade Reported (NGR)
  • Withdrawal Failure - no longer used as of May 1, 2012 (WF)

Final grades recorded as percentage units may be accompanied by the following additional grade comments as warranted:

  • Incomplete Failure (INF)
  • Deferred Final Examination Granted (DEFG)
  • Special Deferred Final Examination Granted (SPECDFG)
  • Supplemental Final Examination Written (SUPP)
  • Supplemental Final Examination Granted (SUPPG)
  • Special Supplemental Final Examination Granted (SPECSPG)
  • Special Supplemental Final Examination Written (SPECSUP)

Former practices

Grade Division Equivalent
80-100% 1 (I) A
70-79% 2 (II) B
60-69% 3 (III) C
50-59% 4 (IV) D
0-49% (Failure) F

Point Description

U of S Percentage Equivalents Guideline

8 Exceptional 90%
7 Excellent 83%
6 Very Good 78%
5 Good 73%
4 Satisfactory 68%
3 Adequate 63%
2 Barely Acceptable 58%
1 Minimal Pass 53%
OS Near Pass 45%
0 Failure 40%

Prior to 1982, courses were normally either full courses (equivalent to 6 credit units) or half courses (equivalent to 3 credit units) although quarter- and eighth-classes existed. Half courses were indicated by an A, B, or C attached to the course number, quarter courses by a Q, eighth courses by an R. Full courses had no letter.

Since 1982, a credit unit is the basic unit of instruction. A typical two-term course which meets for approximately 3 hours per week is 6 credit units, and a single-term course is 3 credit units, although courses of other weights exist.

Need help?

If you have a question and you're not sure who to contact, start with Student Central. They can help with questions about PAWS, finances, registration, academic life, exams, transcripts, convocation and more.