How to search for these classes
- Visit the Registration page in PAWS and select "Register for Classes"
- Select "Browse classes"
- Select the term
- Select the subject(s) in which you are interested
- Select "Advanced Search"
- Under Attribute, select "experiential learning" or a specific type of experiential learning: community engaged learning, clinical placement/practicum, field-based instruction, study abroad or undergraduate research.
- Select "Search"
- The results are classes with an experiential learning component. Read the course description for more information.
Learning by doing
USask currently places priority on these 5 types of experiential learning:
- undergraduate research where students have the opportunity to conduct original research within a credit course,
- field-based instruction where the learning takes place outside of the classroom or laboratory and is an opportunity to apply and develop practical skill or conduct discipline-related research,
- community engaged learning as a method to engage students with community partners in a mutual beneficial and negotiated curricular experience,
- clinical placement or practicum as a structured educational strategy that provides for the integration of theory and practice, and
- study abroad as an inclusive category for student exchange programming or taught away activity that is offered for credit.