What is Level Up?
Level Up is an innovative work-integrated learning program powered by Riipen and sponsored by the Government of Canada to prepare students in post-secondary education and employers to thrive in the future of work. The Student Employment and Career Centre at the University of Saskatchewan is proud to partner with Riipen and the Government of Canada to offer this opportunity to USask students and industry partners.
Students, individually or in groups, connect remotely with organizations for short-term paid projects that help them gain relevant work experiences, build professional networks, gain career clarity, and develop their skills.
How does it work?
Eligible students can "Level UP" their resume by completing short-term 80 hour projects completed over two to eight weeks from organizations and get paid $1,400 to do it! Students can apply to work on projects in teams picking group members from your own list of friends, Riipen’s LinkedIn community of students or participate in the projects solo. With a variety of projects areas and types available, you choose the one that is the best fit for you.
The Level Up program runs until March 31, 2022. Applications from students and employers are being accepted on an ongoing basis.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for Level Up, students must meet all three of the following criteria:
- You are registered as a student in a Canadian Post-Secondary Education institution
- You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- You are legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Fits your busy schedule - Each project takes 80 hours per person and has a flexible timeline to complete over 2-8 weeks
- Pick your project - Select from a variety of projects designed to be completed 100% remotely
- Pick your group - Pick group members from your own list of friends or our LinkedIn community of students, or work independently
- Get paid for your hard work - Earn $1400 per person for completing a project whether it was in a group or solo
- 100% Free - There is no cost to you as a student – ever!
With a variety of projects currently available and more being added daily, students have their choice of projects including:
- Marketing research
- Computer science and machine learning
- Science/technical writing
- Financial analysis
- Public health education campagins
- Social media marketing
- Supply chain management and logistics
- More added daily!
- Research and development of an organization’s diversity policy
- Research for a company’s internal expansion
- Sales support
- Content writing
- Literature research and synthesis
- Feasibility study for a new company or product
How do I apply?
To apply simply:
- Visit Level Up
- Check your eligibility
- Log-in to Riipen
- Join the Level UP Portal
- Browse open projects
- Apply to those that interest you!
For help building your resume or assistance with your application book a ResumeTalk appointment or attend a Creating Effective Resumes & Cover Letters workshop.