Tuition rates (Sept. 2017 - Aug. 2018)
Thesis and project based Master's and Doctoral programs
Graduate students in a thesis or project based program pay tuition three times a year for as long as they are enrolled in their program.
|January 1 - April 30, 2018|
|May 1 - August 31, 2018|
|September 1 - December 31, 2017|
|Total per academic year|
Course based Master's and PGD programs
Students in course based programs pay tuition for each class they take. Every class is assigned a number of credit units (usually three) which determines their cost. If a student is not enrolled in any classes for a term, they will need to register in a 'Maintenance of Status' class that is 3 credits to stay in their program.
|Cost per credit unit|
|Cost for a three credit unit class|
|Maintenance of Status course|
Programs with special tuition rates
The following programs have unique tuition rates. Some have a single flat tuition rate for the entire program, others have a per term charge that differs from the above.
The tuition for the postgraduate degree specialization certificate in corrections is covered by a sponsoring external agency.
International students pay a $900 per term differential.
|Master and PhD - SENS per term|
|Master and PhD of Public Policy per term|
|Master of Business Administration|
|Master of International Trade|
|Master of Nursing - Nurse Practicioner|
|Master of Physical Therapy|
|Master of Professional Accounting|
|Master of Public Administration|
Students admitted prior to fall 2015 pay a program fee of $13,144
|Master of Public Health (course based)|
|Master of Public Health Thesis per term|
|Master of Science - Marketing per term|
|Master of Science Finance per term|
|Master of Sustainable Environmental Management per term|
|Master of Water Security per term|
In addition to tuition above, students also pay fees for programs like health and dental insurance, a bus pass, and other campus services. The amount you need to pay depends on if you are taking classes full time or part time, and if you are on campus or not.
Full-time on-campus graduate students are registered in 6 or more on-campus credit units per term.
|Student fee||Fall 2017||Winter 2018||Spring / Summer 2017|
|Canadian Federation of Students||$6.00||$6.00|
|Transit (GSA -UPASS)||$108.44||$108.44|
Part-time on-campus graduate students are registered in fewer than 6 on-campus credit units per term.
|Student fee||Fall 2017||Winter 2018||Spring / Summer 2017|
|Canadian Federation of Students||$3.00||$3.00|
|Full-time students who change to part time before the registration change deadline for a given term||Assessed part time student fees|
|Part-time students who change to full time at any point in Fall Term 1 or Winter Term 2||Assessed full time student fees|
|On-campus students who become off-campus students before the registration change deadline for a given term
Note: On-campus and off-campus students fees are different. Please ensure you know the implications of off-campus classes within your registration.
|Assessed applicable off campus
|Full-time on-campus students who become off-campus students after the registration change deadline for a given term||No reduction in student fees|
|Part-time on-campus students who become off-campus students after the registration change deadline for a given term||No reduction in student fees|
|Off-campus students who become on-campus students at any time||Assessed the applicable (full or part-time) on-campus fees|
|For complete cancellations or for changes in status from on-campus to off-campus after theregistration change deadline for a given term||No reduction in student fees|
Thesis Tuition Reduction Policy
Students who defend their thesis prior to the end of a term may be eligible for a tuition refund. All requirements must be complete (which include the Application to Graduate, all paperwork from academic unit and student, and thesis is successfully submitted through the electronic site). Credits are pro-rated monthly and will be placed on the student's account by Registrarial Services, Student and Enrolment Services Division. If you are entitled to a refund, please visit the Financial Services Division website to access a Request for Refund form. Eligible students can expect to receive the credit on their account approximately one month after completion of requirements. This policy does not apply to course-based or project students. Contact email@example.com for further details.
- All graduate students except PGD students must maintain continuous registration in their programs. More information can be found in the CGPS Policies and Procedures manual.
- Tuition fees are assessed at the time a student registers. They are subject to validation for accuracy and correctness at any time by Registrarial Services, Student and Enrolment Services Division. If an error is made in assessing a student's account, upon discovery, the student's account will be retroactively reassessed and the student notified of any amount credited or debited, regardless of whether or not the student has completed the class, graduated, or is no longer attending the University.
- The tuition policy can be found on the University Secretary's website.
- Student fees are assessed in addition to tuition fees.
- Students taking courses that are not required for their degrees must pay the full cost of the courses.
- International Graduate students registered in undergraduate classes (course-based) and which are not part of their program of study (thesis/project based or special tuition program) will be assessed a differential of 2.6 times the rate of Canadian students.
- Graduate students registered in undergraduate classes (course-based) and which are not part of their program of study (thesis/project based or special tuition program) will be assessed additional tuition
- International students whose immigration status changes to “permanent resident” must submit a copy of the Record of Landing to Student Central. Tuition fees will be reassessed for students who become landed immigrants on or before Fall Term Payment Deadline. Students who become landed immigrants after Fall Term Payment Deadline but on or before Winter Term Payment Deadline will have tuition fees reassessed for Winter Term classes and the Winter Term portion of classes extending over both terms.
- Tuition will be waived when a student is on an official leave.
- Tuition rates are subject to change upon approval of the Board of Govenors