Next steps and supports

Students may be Required to Discontinue (RTD) their studies when their grades are below promotion standards. You should contact an Academic advisor immediately in order to discuss your options.

Below are questions you may have and who you should contact.


  • Do I still have options to remain in, or return to, my program?
  • When can I apply to return to my program?
  • When do I need to follow-up with my academic advisor?
  • Can I apply to another college?

Graduate students

Procedures and policies are outlined for Graduate students on the CGPS website.

Paws account and email

  • Do I still have access to my PAWS account and email and for how long?


  • What happens with my scholarships, bursaries, student loans or band funding?

International students

  • What happens with my study permit?
  • Can I stay in Canada and for how long?
  • Can I work?
  • Can I enroll into another program or institution?

Stop in at ISSAC during drop-in advising hours Monday–Friday, 9:00am–12:00pm for assistance with any questions you may have.


  • Can I still live in Residence and for how long?

Student Services

Career Services

  • Can I meet with someone to talk about my career?
  • Can I still get help with my resume and job search?
  • Can I still attend workshops and events?
  • Can I still access the job postings (CareerLink)?

Student Wellness Centre

  • Can I still access Student Wellness Centre services and for how long?
  • Can I be referred to another specialist?
  • Can I still see a health care provider?
  • Who can refer me to a health care provider in the city?

Health and Dental Coverage

If you were assessed Health and Dental fees in the Winter term (January-April), you will continue to have coverage until August 31. Contact the Health and Dental Plan Office or Studentcare for information on your coverage.

Health and Dental Plan Office
Room 121, main floor, Place Riel Student Centre

Studentcare Member Services Centre

Physical Activity Complex (PAC)

  • Can I still go to the PAC and use the gym/pool, take fitness classes, etc.?

University Library

  • Can I still borrow books from the library, access electronic journals and book study rooms?
  • Can I still attend workshops and sessions to improve my academic skills?
  • Do I still have access to Writing Help and Math & Stats Help for tutoring in those areas?

Aboriginal Student Services

  • What supports and services are available to me?

Access and Equity Services (AES)

  • Can I still be registered with AES and access AES services?