Global Connections Network
Who are we?
The Global Connections Network is a collaboration between the many internationally-oriented student associations at the University of Saskatchewan and the International Student and Study Abroad Centre (ISSAC) to promote intercultural engagement and learning. All students at the University of Saskatchewan are invited to be involved!
What do we do?
The Global Connections Network (GCN) seeks to enrich student experience at the University of Saskatchewan by making a meaningful contribution to the internationalization of campus life. The goal of the GCN does not only celebrate the actively diverse student body, but seeks to create space for intercultural engagement between all students – be they from Canada or around the globe.
The student associations who comprise the GCN collaborate on events and programs throughout the year. Events hosted include:
- Welcoming all international Students at the USask International Student Welcome
- Global Village – a one-day intercultural celebration
- Welcome events for members of their associations
- Fundraisers for causes identified by each association
- Endless social events all year round!
Global Village is a one-day intercultural event which celebrates cultural diversity at the University of Saskatchewan while exploring themes of social justice related to inclusion and global development. Each year over 20+ student associations come together to host an event with food, performances and much more. The event is possible due to the generous sponsorship from the Nasser Family Fund to Cultural Awareness and Appreciation.
Global Connections Student Leadership Gathering
Each academic year Global Connections Network members come together for the one-day Global Connections Student Leadership Gathering. The goal of the Retreat is to create a space to bring together student leaders with the purpose of stablishing meaningful relationships, create cultural awareness, address common issues and initiate collaborative work among them.
The University of Saskatchewan Student Union (USSU) and Graduate Student Association (GSA) help collaborate to make the event happen. Past Retreats have been hosted at Wanuskewin Heritage Park (2017) as well as the GSA Commons (2018).
Join a Student Association
Why Join a Student Association?
There are many unique international and culturally-orientated student asociations at the University of Saskatchewan. They are always looking for new members to take part in their programming, or take on leadership roles within their executives. Benefits of joining a student association include:
- Create friendships and connect socially with student peers with common interests and objectives
- Build confidence and gain interpersonal skills by taking on leadership roles in student associations
- Enrich your student experience by engaging with the diverse student body at USask
- Develop intercultural competence by experiencing the world right here on the USask campus
Global Connections Network MembersAIESEC Saskatoon
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/bsaus/
- Email: email@example.com
If you want to get involved or learn more, contact the International Student and Study Abroad Centre (ISSAC).