Through ISSAC`s various programs and services , the centre is a place where international students:
- receive support to transition into student life in Canada or abroad, including immigration information
- get involved in intercultural events and activities
- make friends from around the world
International Travel and Study Abroad
ISSAC administers the International Travel Registry and certain travel awards. Through ISSAC`s various programs and services , the centre is a place where students:
- apply to go on exchange or to take part in summer programs
- get travel safety support
- can apply for travel awards
International students drop- in advising is offered from Monday to Friday, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm.
Study Abroad drop-in advising is available on Tuesday, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm; Wednesday: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm; Thursday: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
- An opportunity for international, Aboriginal and domestic students to learn and build multicultural relationships and understanding in formal and semiformal activities, workshops, sharing circles and events.
- Help students to learn about one anothers identities and their own
Global Connections Lounge
A place where you can relax with friends, enjoy your lunch, study or get involved.
Assisting faculty with immigration matters
ISSAC is the first point of contact for faculty and staff regarding immigration matters involving students.
ISSAC assists faculty and staff with risk assessment and emergency planning and overseeing the U of S pre-departure process.