Arrival, Transition and Cultural Support
The International Student and Study Abroad Centre is a place for international students to:
- receive support with their transition into student life in Canada
- get involved in transition events and social activities
- access advising services, including immigration advice
- make friends from around the world
- attend workshops on topics such as employment in Canada and immigration
- get support throughout their studies
- inquire about supports during unexpected life events
Study Abroad, Awards and Travel Safety
ISSAC supports all USask students who wish to travel abroad with the university. Through ISSAC' s various programs and services, the centre is a place where students can:
- apply to go on exchange for one or two terms
- take part in summer programs offered by our international partners
- get travel safety support and complete the University's pre-departure process
- apply for travel awards and conference funding
- get support while studying abroad with the university
ISSAC supports the university in its internationationalization efforts also by offering intercultural programs that students can participate in. Through ISSAC, ratified student associations can:
- Become members in the Global Connections Network
- Apply for support for student-led events that are open to all students
- Take part in the planning and delivery of the annual Global Village event
International students drop- in advising is offered from Monday to Friday, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm.
ESL students drop-in advising is offered on Thursday from 2.00 pm - 3.30 pm.
Study Abroad drop-in advising is available on Tuesdays, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm; Wednesdays: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm; Thursdays: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
- An opportunity for international, Indigenous and domestic students to learn and build multicultural relationships and understanding through informal and semiformal activities, workshops, sharing circles and events.
- Help students to learn about one another's identities as well as their own
Global Connections Lounge
A place where you can relax with friends, enjoy your lunch, study or get involved.
Assisting faculty with immigration matters
ISSAC is the first point of contact for faculty and staff regarding immigration matters involving international students.
ISSAC assists faculty and staff with risk assessment and emergency planning. The centre oversees the USask pre-departure process.