Why work on campus
They are some of the hottest jobs around! Working on campus can offer a/n:
- Great opportunity to become involved in your campus community
- Good paying job to supplement your income while you study
- Easy way to fit work into school - campus employers often offer flexible scheduling
- Quick and super cheap commute - you're already here!
- Opportunity to gain hands-on experience related to your field of study
Tips for finding a job on campus
It takes a little effort but it can be worth it!
- Look throughout the year, not just in September – People come and go, and employer's needs change.
- Talk to your Professors – Your Professors are excellent contacts as many hire Research Assistants, Teaching Assistants and Graders/Markers.
- Check out private businesses – Independent stores, businesses and food outlets on campus are often hiring.
- Be proactive and seek out opportunities - Some positions will be posted and some will not.
- Look for opportunities that are of interest to you - You'll likely to have more fun, learn more, and stay employed longer.
- Consider volunteering - It's not unusual for campus employers to promote superstar volunteers into paid positions!
Where to Look
CareerLink posts on-campus positions regularly. Other campus locations to approach directly include:
- Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada
- Campus Bookstore
- Campus Computer Store
- Canadian Light Source (Synchrotron)
- Choices - St. Thomas More College
- Colleges and Schools
- Consumer Services
- Media Access & Production (eMAP)
- Facilities Management Division
- Innovation Place
- Information and Communications Technology
- Kids Camps On Campus
- National Research Council Canada
- Office of Sustainability
- Parking and Transportation Services
- POS Bio-Sciences
- Rayner Dairy Research and Teaching Facility
- Saskatoon Health Region
- St. Thomas More College
- Student Enrolment Services Division
- Tutor Registry
- University Club
- USSU (including private businesses in Place Riel)
- Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization
- U of S Human Resources