Winter term update
Some colleges and schools have decided to delay the start of the 2021 Winter Term to Monday, January 11. Depending on when the term starts for your college/program, there are different registration and withdrawal deadlines. Be sure that you are viewing information that is applicable to your college/program start date.
If your program's term start date is January 11:
- In the class registration system, the start dates listed for your classes will be incorrect. Please follow the schedule listed below.
- If you withdraw from a class during the 50% to 75% tuition credit time periods, you will not receive the full tuition credit immediately—there will be a delay of a few days to manually process the tuition refund.
- You will not be able to register in the classes through the class registration system from January 19 to 22. Learn how to register in a class with a January 11 start date from January 19 to 22 (instructions listed under the section 2021 Winter Term change of start date information).
Learn more about the delayed term start date (more information is under the section 2021 Winter Term change of start date information).
Standard term schedule
All registration changes must be completed by 11:59 pm on the specified dates above. If you withdraw from a class after the last day to make registration changes with 100% tuition credit, you will not be refunded student fees and some tuition may be refunded based on the date you withdraw.
College of Medicine classes and Independent Studies classes: The deadline to register through PAWS is 11:59 pm on the first day of the applicable term. To register in a class after that date, email email@example.com to register in an independent studies class, and contact Student Central to register in a College of Medicine class.
Audit classes follow the same registration and withdrawal deadlines as listed above with the exception that you will not receive any tuition credit if you withdraw after the "Withdraw with 75% tuition credit" time period ends. If you would like to withdraw from an audit class, please contact Student Central.
Other term schedules
Certificate in English for Academic Purposes
The Certificate in English for Academic Purposes (EAP) follows a non-standard registration and withdrawal schedule. Further information can be found on the EAP webpage.
Open learning classes
Open learning classes do not follow the standard term schedule. For help calculating registration and withdrawal deadlines, contact Student Central.
- How to calculate registration and withdrawal deadlines for open learning classes
- College of Medicine registration and withdrawal deadline for open learning classes
For more information about opening learning registration and withdrawal deadlines, contact Student Central.
Prairie Horticulture Certificate
The Prairie Horticulture Certificate (PHC) program follows a non-standard registration and withdrawal schedule. Further information can be found on the PHC webpage.