- University of Saskatchewan Students' Union
- Arts and Science Students Union
- Arts and Science Students Groups
- Biochemistry Students Association
- Education Students Association
- Engineering Clubs and Associations
- Law Students' Association
- Student Medical Society of Saskatchewan
- Toxicology Students Society
- Saskatchewan Pharmacy and Nutrition Students Society
- WCVS Associations
Volunteer and leadership
Volunteering and community involvement are rewarding ways to develop your leadership skills, learn new things, meet new people, experience different career options and gain new experiences.
- Building Bridges provides a safe space to learn about culture and identity, dispel myths, ask questions, promote commonalities and respectfully understand differences.
- PAL Peer Mentors are students who provide support for study and learning skills to other students.
- Peer Health is a student volunteer opportunity for those who are passionate about student health, want to make a difference on campus, and address health issues that impact student well-being.
- Experiential Learning classes often have a volunteer component or provide opportunities for you to develop your leadership skills.
Co-Curricular Record is available to all students. Once you log in, explore and search the opportunity directory for university-run activities that are approved to appear on your Co-Curricular Record.
Places to hang out
Aboriginal Students' Centre
The Aboriginal Student Centre (ASC) is a gathering place to study, meet others and join in cultural programming like Soup and Bannock and Creative Native.
ISSAC and Global Connections
The International Student and Study Abroad Centre (ISSAC) is a place students can relax with friends, enjoy lunch, study or get involved in the campus community.
The USSU Pride Centre is a welcoming, vivacious, and celebratory campus community. Join a friendly environment with a diverse group of people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Graduate Student Association (GSA) Commons
The GSA Commons is a friendly space open to all graduate students to study, meet with friends, eat lunch and lounge.
The USSU Women’s Centre is a safe, dynamic, comfortable, positive space to organize around feminism and activism. There’s a lounge to hang out in and meet like-minded people.
Marquis 104 (across from the main University Bookstore)
Marquis 104 is a gathering place for Peer Health student volunteers, the Faith Leaders and campus faith groups, and anyone who needs a place to relax. The tea is hot and students are always welcome.
USask Faith Leaders
The faith leaders at USask are a multi-faith religious resource to all students, staff and faculty. Please feel free to contact any of them for support.
The Ecumenical Chaplaincy is a shared ministry of Anglican, Presbyterian, and United churches who seek to nourish faith and build community among students at USask in co-operation with other faith communities.
Recreation and the arts
If you enjoy socializing and meeting new people while being physically active then Campus Rec has the perfect experience for you!
- Recreation clubs - including, kayaking, karate and figure skating.
- Recreation teams - join one of the many intramural sports leagues as an individual or as team
- Learn-to classes - take classes for a range of activities including belly dancing, squash, fencing and more. It's a great way to try an activity out before joining a club or a league.
Go to a Huskie game (for free)
Museums and galleries
USask is home to a number of galleries and museums.
International student groups
There are many internationally-orientated student associations and groups on campus.
- Assemblé communautaire Fransaskois
- Bangladeshi Community Association of Saskatchewan
- Federation of Saskatoon Chinese Canadian Organizations (FSCCO)
- Filipino-Canadian Association of Saskatoon
- Ghanaian-Canadian Association of Saskatoon
- India-Canada Cultural Association
- International Women of Saskatoon
- Pakistan Canada Cultural Association
- Saskatoon Caribbean Canadian Cultural Association
- Saskatoon Folkfest
- Saskatchewan German Council
- Ukrainian Canadian Congress