What is Student Exchange
- Students from institutions who have a formal exchange agreement with the University of Saskatchewan can participate in the Student Exchange Program
- You can study at the University of Saskatchewan for one or two semesters
- Through the Student Exchange Program, you will pay tuition to your home institution
How to Apply
1. Be nominated by your home institutions
- Confirm your home institution has a student exchange agreement with the University of Saskatchewan
- Contact your home institution and apply to the Exchange Program through the Exchange Program Coordinator. There may be preliminary screening
- If you are accepted, your home institutions Exchange Program Coordinator will nominate you to the University of Saskatchewan
2. Apply for Admission
Once your home institution nominates you, you will receive an email with the link to the online application.
Additional documents you will need to submit:
- A copy of your Academic Transcript
- English Translation of your Academic Transcript
- Supporting English Proficiency Document
- A signed letter from the Faculty of English in your institution or;
- A signed letter from your International Coordinator confirming your level of English language skills or;
- Meet the minimum score to an accepted standardized test
3. Receive a Letter of Admission
Successful applicants will receive a Letter of Admission from the University of Saskatchewan.
After you have been admitted
The study plan will be sent to an Academic Advisor in the college you are admitted to for review.
- Use the Course and Program Catalogue to learn more about each course offered at USask
- Search for classes offered at USask in upcoming terms and build your class schedule
- For additional details about courses, search here
Full-time course work at USask is 9 credit units to 15 credit Units
There are many ways you can get involved, make friends and build the relationships you will remember for years to come.
- International Student Groups - Looking to connect with fellow international students, and Canadian students? Contact one of the many International Student Groups on campus! They host many social activities, cultural events and want to ensure your transition to life at USask is as smooth as possible.
ISSAC Facebook - To learn more about ISSAC programming, connect with other international students and much more, like and follow the ISSAC Facebook page! It’s a great place to find out what to do during your stay at USask!
Fees and Expenses
About our Campus
The University of Saskatchewan and the City of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, are excited to welcome exchange students to our vibrant cultural and artistic community.
Located in the heart of Saskatoon, the University of Saskatchewan is renowned for the beauty of its campus, the strength and diversity of its academic programs, and its warm and welcoming students, faculty and staff. Saskatoon is known for its stunning riverbank views, big-city amenities, and small-town hospitality.
Are you a current USask student interested in studying abroad?