COVID-19 Emergency Border Measures

As of October 1, 2022, all Covid-19 emergency border measuers have ended. Please see more information here.

Entry and travel documents

If you leave Canada to go home or take a vacation, you will need proper and valid immigration documentation to re-enter Canada. Please make sure to renew your documents before you travel.

You will need:

  • a valid passport
  • a valid visa (TRV or eTA)
  • a valid study permit

To renew your study permit, go here. To get a new visa, go here

It is not recommended to leave Canada if your study permit extension is in process or you do not have a valid visa. If you have more questions about this situation, please contact ISSAC

Common questions

  • As an international student, can I return home or travel outside Canada while studying? Please see more information here
  • I have applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside of Canada and be able to return? Please see more information here