Are you ready to graduate? If so, there are a few things you need to do to make sure your convocation goes smoothly:
- Apply to Graduate through PAWS [Deadlines: March 31st (Spring) August 31 (Fall)]
If you have applied:
- Make sure we have your current mailing address- let us know of any changes that occured after you applied to graduate
- Ensure we have your full legal name on file
- you can check you name in PAWS in 'My Contact Information' located under your name on the top right.
- October 1, 2014 is the deadline to submit any name changes for Fall Convocation purposes
Only your College Office can provide you with information pertaining to eligibility for graduation. You are considered a graduate of a program once the degree has been conferred, which occurs at the convocation ceremony.
Apply to new program
Graduates who plan to return to the college from which they are now receiving degrees, or to another college must submit a new admission application via PAWS.
Graduate retention program
You may be eligible for a tax exemption after graduation of up to $20,000.
All alumni are members of the alumni association. Learn about the benefits and services available to you.
Each May, all Aboriginal graduates are recognized and honoured.
Degrees in absentia
Graduands are expected to attend the Convocation ceremony to receive their degrees in person. Those who do not attend will receive their diplomas by mail in June (Spring) or November (Fall). If you wish to pick up your degree after convocation, please contact email@example.com and ask to have your degree held from the mail out.
Replacement of a degree, diploma, or certificate
There can only be one paper copy of a degree, diploma or certificate. The University of Saskatchewan will provide a second copy of a parchment under the following circumstances:
- Official Name Change – The student must complete the parchment replacement form and supply a copy of supporting documentation (birth certificate, marriage license, etc.). The original parchment must be returned and a reprint fee of $50 must be submitted.
- Original Lost or Destroyed - The student must submit a parchment replacement formand a reprint fee of $50.
- Original Never Received – The student must submit a written statement of request. There will be no charge if this request is made within one year of the graduation date. If it is beyond this time the $50 reprint fee must be submitted.
- Original Incorrect – The student must return the original document. There will be no charge if the request is made within one year of graduation.
- Professional Display- (e.g. Medical Doctor, Lawyer, Dentist, may display legal documents for professional purposes). The student must submit the parchment replacement form and a reprint fee of $50. The original parchment does not have to be returned in this circumstance.
- Special Circumstances as determined by the Registrar.
All reprints are done in current style with the signatures of officials now in office along with the date you originally graduated.
Please note that reprints will only be completed following the above criteria and will not be done only to have your parchment updated to the current style or look. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
LL.B to J.D.
To have your Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) Degree changed to a Juris Doctor (J.D.) Degree please visit the Law website for application details.
If you were a NEPS graduate between 2006-2009 and would like to have your degree printed with the appropriate logos, please visit the Nursing website for application details.
Release of information
Under s.23(2)(h) of the The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the University of Saskatchewan has the authority to publish and release information pertaining to the degrees, certificates or diplomas received by individuals.
If you are concerned about your name being published in the Convocation program, the StarPhoenix graduation section, college websites or publications, etc., please formally submit your reasons why to the University Registrar, E34-105 Administration Place, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 5A2.
Generally, names will only be removed for reasons related to the personal safety of the individual.