Job Search Tips
An effective job search is an important tool in building a successful career.
Work on Campus
A great opportunity to become involved in your campus community.
Working in Canada
If you are new to Canada it is important to understand the Canadian job search.
Careers Fairs offer an excellent opportunity to:
- Market yourself to some of Canada’s top employers
- Meet with a variety of career professionals
- Develop your networking skills
- Gain a better understanding of career opportunities
- Discover employment opportunities available to you
Campus Career Expo
The largest career fair on campus and open to all students. Polish that resume, dress your best, and meet over 130 of Canada's top employers.
Not sure where you want to work once you've finished your degree? There are so many industries out there with interesting and rewarding job opportunities and career options, but you may not know that they exist.
IndustryTalks bring representatives from various industries of Saskatchewan’s economy on campus to talk to students about their industry, career opportunities, the realities of working in that industry, how best to conduct your job search and much more.
Employer Information Sessions
Companies host information sessions to talk to targeted audiences about their organization and what employment opportunities they have to offer. It is an opportunity for you to network and speak directly with representatives from the company.
- Always held prior to application deadlines
- Usually food and refreshments are served
- Throughout the year, primarily September-November and January-March
- Some are targeted towards specific College/majors
By attending, it may also help with your decision to apply and allow you to write a targeted cover letter that references your discussions at the information session.