Due dates

Standard term payment due dates

Tuition and fees are due by the published date regardless of when a class begins.

These dates are taken from the Academic Calendar, the official listing of major academic events and deadlines for the academic calendar year. 

Term Due date
Fall term September 29, 2023
Winter term January 31, 2024
Spring term June 3, 2024
Summer term July 25, 2024

Non standard payment due dates

The Certificate in English for Academic Purposes (EAP) follows a non-standard tuition and fees payment deadline schedule. Further information can be found on the EAP webpage

The Prairie Horticulture Certificate (PHC) program follows a non-standard tuition and fees payment deadline schedule. Further information can be found on the PHC webpage.

How to pay

Know how much you owe

To see your balance, select View and Pay my Tuition and Fees in the Tuition and Fees channel in PAWS.

If you need a statement of your student account, please follow the steps below:

  • Select View and Pay My Tuition and Fees
  • You will be directed to Account Summary
  • Select the printer icon (next to holds and pay now)
  • On the Print – Account Summary page select the specific terms required
  • A PDF Account Summary Statement will populate

This is considered an official statement or invoice of your tuition and student fee charges and payments. The University does not provide additional documentation. 

Share your tuition and fee information 

If you need to show someone your tuition and fee information, you can give them view-only access using Proxy Access Management, which is accessible through the Tuition and Fees channel in PAWS. The person you give access to, called a "proxy", will be able to see all your tuition and fee information but will not be able to pay for you through PAWS. You can revoke their access at any time. 

Payment options

Online banking (payments from within Canada)

One-time setup:

  1. Log in to your online banking service
  2. Go to "pay bills" (or your bank's equivalent)
  3. Add the University of Saskatchewan as a payee
  4. The account number is your eight-digit student number

When paying online, make sure to leave enough time (about three days) for your bank to deliver the funds to the university by the tuition payment due date. Check your bank's website for information on payment processing times.

Anyone can pay your tuition and fees on your behalf through their own bank account—remember to provide them with your eight-digit student number and payment amount. Due to privacy legislation, we cannot provide a student's account information to anyone other than the student.

MasterCard and Visa

MasterCard and Visa are the only credit cards accepted, and payments are charged a 2.25% convenience fee.

  1. Go to the Tuition and Fees channel in PAWS
  2. Select "View and Pay my Tuition and Fees"
  3. Select "Proceed to On-Line Credit Card Payment"

Flywire (payments from outside of Canada)

All payments from outside Canada must be made through Flywire, the university's exclusive international payments partner.

  1. Go to www.flywire.com/pay/usaskatchewan
  2. Select "Start your payment" by the Tuition and Fees payment portal
  3. Select "Help" for more information, including payment method options.

When paying through Flywire, make sure to leave enough time for the funds to be delivered to the university by the tuition payment due date.

Anyone can pay your tuition and fees on your behalf through Flywire.

Other payment options

We do not recommend sending payment through the mail: the university is not responsible for late payments caused by mail delays. However, if you have no other alternative you can mail a cheque or money order. Post-dated cheques are not accepted and will be returned to sender. Mailed payments must be received by the payment deadline to avoid late payment fees.

  • Make sure you provide correct information on your cheque, including your full name and student number.
  • We do not accept post-dated cheques.
  • Mail to: Student Finance, Room E40, 105 Administration Place, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 5A2

Some students have all or part of their tuition and student fees paid by a sponsor, such as an Indigenous community, employer, or government agency. This is known as sponsorship or agency billing.

Student Finance & Awards will process students' tuition and student fee payments directly from an approved sponsor.

Whether you're a student or a sponsor, familiarize yourself with the process and know what will happen if the sponsor changes or withdraws their support.

As the registered student, you are ultimately responsible for all tuition and fees, including late payment fees, regardless of any funding you may be receiving from another source. Check your student account regularly in PAWS and ask questions if it doesn't show an expected payment.

When we receive information on your student loan from the Canada Student Loans Program (CSLP), we direct CSLP to use the federal loan and any grants to pay tuition and student fees. For Saskatchewan students, this will be your fall and winter terms' tuition and fees; for out-of-province students, fall term tuition and fees will be paid out of your first disbursement and winter term's from your second disbursement. Remaining federal loan or grant funding will be paid directly to you from the loan program. Be aware that any refunds from class changes will be paid directly to Student Loans, in accordance with their regulations. Log in to your account at canlearn.ca for more information.

If you choose to pay your tuition and fees directly, that payment must be received before your loan documents are confirmed (at least 21 days before classes begin). Otherwise, tuition will be paid from your loan (see above).

After your student loan funding has been applied to your account, make sure to check your account balance in the Tuition and Fees channel in PAWS: if there is an outstanding balance, you are responsible for paying it by the published deadline.

Scholarships and bursaries are paid into your student account to help pay tuition and fees. The award amount will be applied to any tuition balances on your account.  For example, if you receive an award in the fall term, any credit will be applied to fall or future balances (such as winter tuition and fees).  If you have a true credit on your account, you can apply for a refund of the credit balance after the deadline for registration changes in each term by completing and submitting the Request for Refund form. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your refund request to be processed.

Late payments

Late payment fees

  • Students will be charged 1% monthly interest on all outstanding tuition and fees.  For example - in the fall term you will be charged 1% interest on fall, and any other prior term balances outstanding on the first business day of October if you have not paid by the fall payment deadline.

  • Late interest charges will continue to accumulate monthly until your balance is paid in full.

To avoid late payment fees, make sure to pay tuition and student fees by the published dates, regardless of when a specific class starts.

Tuition and fees for 6 cu classes are charged in two payments: half due by the fall term deadline and half by the winter term deadline.

If you add a class after a payment deadline, the tuition for that class is due immediately. If you haven't paid by the published deadline, in addition to late payment fees the university will withhold some services until your account is cleared in full.

Holds and withholding of service

If you do not pay your tuition and fees by the payment deadline, a hold will be placed on your account and some services suspended until your account is cleared: you will not be able to add classes or change sections, view grades, register for classes in subsequent terms, or obtain an official transcript or your degree parchment. In certain circumstances you may be deregistered from all classes. A hold will not prevent you from withdrawing from classes.


Refunds are not processed during the months of September and January and can take 4-6 weeks to process.

Any credit on your student account resulting from dropping a class or an overpayment will be applied against any other tuition or fees owed to the University, either for the current term or the next term. If you have a credit balance on your account, you are eligible for a refund. You may request a refund through the Request for Refund form.

Please note, we only issue refunds to the original method of payment. 

If a third party made a payment on your account, any refund will be issued to that third party (parent, family member, employer, etc).

Payments made through Flywire, will be refunded through Flywire only.

Scholarships and bursaries are paid onto your student account to help pay tuition and fees.  The awards amount will be applied to any tuition balance on your account (past, current or future). If you have a credit after all tuition balances have been covered, you can request a refund after the last day to register and to drop with 100% tuition credit in each term.

Financial appeals

Financial appeals take considerable time to process and will be completed as soon as possible. 

If you had to withdraw from a class due to extenuating circumstances, you can request to have your tuition reviewed and possibly reduced. Visit Student Central to discuss whether an appeal or adjustment is appropriate in your situation, to find out what options are available to you, and to discuss what steps you may wish to take.

Complete non-attendance

You registered in a class in error or failed to withdraw from a class you decided not to take and did not attend the class. Written confirmation of complete non-attendance from the instructor is required.

Medical or compassionate

You are forced to withdraw from or fail to complete a class for medical or compassionate reasons (for example, due to an illness, a disability or a death of someone close). Appropriate supporting documentation must be provided.

Administrative error

You have made registration decisions based upon erroneous advice by instructors or staff or your registration has been affected by administrative mistakes. Appropriate supporting documentation must be provided.

To make a financial appeal you must:

Financial appeals affect tuition and not student or other fees. Student fees are non-refundable after the registration change deadline for a given term.

The deadline for filing an appeal is 12 months from the last day of the term for which the appeal is being filed. *

  • For fall classes, appeals must be submitted by December 31 of the following year and for winter classes, by April 30 of the following year.
  • For spring classes, appeals must be submitted by June 30 of the following year and for summer classes, by August 31 of the following year.

"The operation of this deadline is suspended during any period in which the appellant is a person who, by reason of mental disability, is not competent to manage his or her affairs or estate and is not represented by a personal guardian or property guardian pursuant to The Public Guardian and Trustee Act or a decision-maker pursuant to The Adult Guardianship and Co-decision-making Act who, (i) is aware of the claim, and, (ii) has the legal capacity to commence the proceeding on behalf of that person or the person's estate. Nonetheless, an appellant is presumed to have been capable of commencing a financial appeal unless the contrary is proven by the appellant or their representative."

Financial appeals take considerable time to process and will be completed as soon as possible. Students will be contacted if additional information is required and/or when the appeal has been completed. It is the student's responsibility to provide supporting documentation in a timely manner. Financial appeals will not go forward until the supporting documentation is received.

Once a ruling has been made, every student receives a formal letter via mail (if a paper appeal application was submitted) or email (if submitted through the Appeals Channel in PAWS) from Student Central outlining the decision.

If you have an outstanding balance on your account, late fees will continue to accumulate while your appeal is being processed. To avoid further late fees, please pay your balance in full.

You have the option of appealing a financial appeal decision to the Financial Appeals Review Committee. If you want to explore this option, please write a letter explaining your situation and why you feel your situation should be reconsidered—include any supporting documentation that you may not have included with your initial appeal, if applicable. Please submit the documentation to Student Central and it will be forwarded to the Committee who will make the final decision. An appeal must be filed within 30 days from the date you received the outcome from Student Central.

Your financial appeal may result in changes to your T2202A from a previous tax year. You should print your revised T2202A from PAWS. It is your responsibility to notify the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) of any changes to your tax information. For more information, consult your tax advisor or the CRA for details on how to change your return.

Income tax

The university issues income tax documentation for tuition, transit fees, scholarships and other employment income as required by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Depending on the type of income or tax credit, the forms will be available online through your PAWS account by February 28 for the previous tax year.

International student deposit and prepayment of tuition and fees

Need help?

If you have questions about paying your tuition, contact Student Finance through the Student Finance inquiry form.

Learn about student consultation on tuition and the role of USask tuition.

For information about how to create a budget, read this article.